Terms and Conditions
LesbianVoices.com and associated site and mobile app Terms and Conditions
The following “Terms and Conditions” govern the use by you, whether you are a site visitor or become a member (“Member”) of the sites dyke.com and LesbianVoices.com and the mobile applications in connection with these sites (such sites and applications sometimes collectively referred to herein as the “Sites”) which are made available by Beckwith Technology Services, Inc, a Texas corporation (“the Company”).
The Sites are intended, in our sole determination and discretion, to provide resources to lesbians, our friends, families and allies and to provide for Members to communicate and interact with each other online.
These Terms and Conditions are the terms and conditions of agreement between you and the Company in connection with the Sites. These terms and conditions cover: your use of this website; the entire contents of the websites located at the domains dyke.com, LesbianVoices.com and any other websites and mobile applications provided by Beckwith Technology Services; and to any correspondence between us and you.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using these websites and mobile applications and before visiting the any of the Sites or becoming a Member. Your use of any of the Sites indicates your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this or any of the Sites.
The Sites are strictly for the access of visitors and members who are 18 years of age or older. If you are a visitor who is not at least 18 years of age, please do not access the Sites. By purchasing a membership, you certify that you are 18 years of age or over and that you have read and accept these Terms and Conditions. Every time you access any of the Sites, you confirm your agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
We really want you to enjoy your experience on the sites and using the mobile applications so please read these policies and guidelines that also form a part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. You and only you are responsible for the content you publish, display or distribute on the Sites, on your profile and in any communications with other Members.
2. No responsibility is assumed by the Company for any content, including photos, videos, audio published or transmitted by Members. The Company reserves the right to remove, in whole or part, profile and photo content.
3. No responsibility is assumed by the Company for any content published or transmitted.
4. The Company is not responsible for assessing and does not guarantee the accuracy of any information published on the Sites and does not endorse nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statements made by any subscriber to its services. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Sites are those of their respective authors, any reliance you place on them shall be solely according to your own judgment and at your own risk.
5. You acknowledge and agree that by becoming a Member that you have not relied upon nor been induced by any representation or warranty whatsoever of Beckwith Technology Services, Inc.
6. You may not publish or transmit offensive content; this includes content that contains offensive language, sexually explicit content, and any content that is considered unlawful, threatening, abusive, racist, derogatory, harmful, obscene, harassing, discriminatory, libelous or slanderous. Further, you may not publish any content that may violate or encourage violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
7. While the Company reserves the right to edit, delete or remove content deemed offensive at our sole discretion within these Terms and Conditions, the Company does not guarantee that offensive material will be removed or deleted.
8. The Company reserves the right to read, censor and edit profiles, monitor chat room conversations and remove and edit posts on the forums.
9. The Company reserves the right to automatically filter content sent to and by all Members and users of the sites and mobile applications.
10. You may publish or transmit content that contains advertising or commercial messages, including on your profile and in communications with other Members, provided that the Company reserves the right to delete or limit your publication and transmission of such content for the same reasons and in the same manner as with any other content as set forth elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
11. You may not spam other Members’ message boxes with any form of solicitation or request.
12. You may not impersonate any other person or entity. You may not use the content from another Member's profile on any of the Sites, or use another person's photo as your own.
13. You may not publish any personal contact information for you or anyone else. This includes but is not restricted to, telephone numbers, email addresses, instant messaging contact details, website URL 's, place of work, full names, etc. Personal contact information will be removed.
14. You may not solicit other Members’ contact details.
15. All content you post on the Sites may be viewed by the general public and anyone in the world may see what you publish.
16. The Company may from time to time send marketing material to Members by email. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving this material.
17. Your use of these Sites entitles you to no rights with regard to the Company’s intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyrights, patents, or any intellectual property rights of third parties.
18. Without limitation, the content on or provided through the Sites may only be used for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not exploit commercially, copy, republish, record, download, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to others, or use the content in any other way, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your account and password details are kept confidential and safe from unauthorized access. Do not give out your password to anyone and change it frequently.
The Company reserves the right to log IP addresses upon both successful and unsuccessful attempts to log-in to the Members area. This data will not be used for personal identification, except in instances of threat to integrity, safety or security, in which cases the information will be made available only to the appropriate authorities.
1. You may not harass any Member and you must agree to stop contacting any other Member who has requested you to stop or who the Company has requested you to stop contacting.
2. The Company will not become involved in any disputes between Members and does not provide any arbitration or settlement services should a dispute arise between Members.
3. You alone are responsible for ensuring that your interaction with other Members is lawful. You alone are responsible for taking safety precautions in connection with any interaction with Members. The Company cannot control what happens between Members, whether online or in the event any Members decide to meet in person. Strictly as a courtesy and without obligation, the Company advises you that, as with any interaction between members of society, there may be risks of dealing with Members acting under false pretenses or with criminal intent.
4. The Company will not become involved in domestic or private disputes between Members.
1. You alone are responsible for the message content you publish and transmit to all Sites users. You will ensure that it is appropriate and is not in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
2. The Company does not in ordinary circumstances review or censor Member message content but reserves the right to delete messages or other content which contain advertising containing content the Company deems in violation of the Terms and Conditions or which the Company regards as spam or in breach of conduct, conditions or guidelines inconsistent with proper use of the Sites as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, or if required by the relevant authorities.
3. You are responsible for keeping messages you wish to save. The Company cannot retrieve messages that have been deleted.
4. You agree that we shall have the right from time to time, strictly for reasonable purposes of promotion of the Sites, to feature on the Sites for a limited time messages and/or content posted by you on the Sites.
1. The Company may change the subscription pricing, payment options, renewal terms or Member services at any time.
2. You may not request your membership or subscription be put on hold for you and reinstated at a later date.
3. The Company may suspend or terminate the subscription of any Member who violates these Terms and Conditions. You may not subscribe again once you are terminated. You expressly hereby acknowledge and agree that any attempt by you to re-subscribe, directly or indirectly, or via any entity of which you are a principal, after your subscription has been terminated by us for any reason may cause us irreparable harm and shall entitle us to obtain injunctive relief to prevent your re-subscription and otherwise prevent any actions by you to cause harm to us or our membership.
4. The Company will not refund subscription fees.
5. You are solely responsible for any charges you incur.
6. You may cancel your subscription at any time.
The Company makes no representation or warranty that the Sites or any of the services in connection with the Sites will continuously be secure, uninterrupted, and always available or error free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the service will be corrected. Site access may be suspended periodically and without notice in the case of repair, maintenance, system failure or for reasons outside of our control.
Modification to Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of the Sites are subject to change at any time without notice.
Termination of Membership
The Company may suspend or terminate the membership of any Member who violates these Terms and Conditions.
The Company reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate your membership at any time at its absolute discretion.
You may terminate your Membership at any time.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, partner sites and third parties, from any loss, claim, expenses or damages (including but not limited to any, direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data and contracts), relating to or arising out of your use of the Sites and the services provided. Your indemnity obligation extends to any violation by you of the Terms and Conditions or any liability we incur that arises from: the content that you publish on the Sites, including any infringement upon the intellectual property rights of any third party; any communication that denigrates, libels or invades the privacy of any third party; or any action taken by you (or others associated with you) as a result of your use of any of the Sites.
Any liability to you in any case shall be limited to the amount paid by you to us for the service during the term of Membership.
Any disputes in connection with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in connection with the Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Venue for any causes of action in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Sites shall be limited to the state or federal district courts in Travis County, Texas.